Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The Steiner Sisters in the 1950 US Census

Isn't this a delightful tea party, staged for a studio photo about 1903? 

Hubby's maternal grandma is pouring the tea--Floyda Steiner McClure, second from the left. Floyda was the baby of the family, and all the sisters were fond of her.

I used MyHeritage to enhance and colorize this tea party photo, which now looks quite eye-catching. Then I used MyHeritage's new LiveStory feature to pretend that one of the sisters was telling a brief story about the family (click here to view). I recognize that not everyone is crazy about these technologies, but I like experimenting and seeing how they work--while retaining the original photo intact, not colorized or enhanced in any way. 

Sorry to say, only two of these Steiner sisters will be found in the 1950 US Census. Both Etta Blanche Steiner Rhuark and Carrie Steiner Traxler will be in Enumeration District 88-27, because they lived around the corner from each other in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. They were my husband's doting great aunts and I really want to show him their names in the Census on Friday.

This is my "sisters" post for Amy Johnson Crow's #52Ancestors genealogy challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment