|Available from Family History Center or view and download here.|
Robert's father gave him some Irish linen and sent him off from their home in the North of Ireland in 1740, to seek his fortune in America. The ship was wrecked and he was rescued by a passing ship and brought to America, where the captain sold Robert into indentured servitude to pay for his rescue.
The farmer who bought Robert ill used him for years until finally our ancestor high-tailed it to the "Kishocoquillas Valley" in Pennsylvania, where he married Mary Gallagher (or O'Gallagher), originally from the North of Ireland.
As noted in the above handwritten genealogy by Brice Larimer McClure, hubby's granddad, here's the branch of the family tree he's descended from:
- Robert's son Isaac M. Larimer married Elizabeth Wood (or Woods).
- Their son John Larimer married Rachel Smith.
- Their son Brice S. Larimer married Lucy E. Bentley.
- Their daughter Margaret Jane Larimer married William Madison McClure.
- Their son Brice Larimer McClure married Floyda Mabel Steiner.
Children of Robert Larimer & Mary O'Gallagher:
Isaac M., Ebenezer, Guzilla (female), Mary, Phoebe, Rhoda (and possibly more)
Here are my posts about the Larimer family:
- Brice Larimer McClure, son of Margaret Jane Larimer and William Madison McClure, was born in 1878 in Little Traverse, MI.
- Margaret Jane Larimer inherits a Masonic life insurance payout when her husband William Madison McClure dies of typhoid fever.
- How the Larimers came to America.
- The tombstones of Margaret Jane Larimer and William Madison McClure.
- The Larimer shipwreck story (again).
- Marriage document of Brice S. Larimer and Lucy Bentley.
- A bit about the Larimers in Pennsylvania.
- Brice S. Larimer was a RR agent.
- Margaret Larimer McClure's children.
- Lucinda H. Bentley Shank, sister-in-law of Brice Larimer.
- Major James Elmer Larimer, son of James Larimer and Asenath Cornwell Larimer.
- Tombstones and background of John Larimer and his wife, Rachel Smith Larimer, who settled in Wabash, IN.
- Brice S. Larimer, Elkhart pioneer.
- Larimer, Short, and Work families - cousins (!?) from Ireland, intermarried in America.
- Dr. Bartlett Larimer, pioneer doctor who inspired nephews to become doctors and dentists.
- Samuel Bartlett Larimer, D.D.S., son of Thomas Short and Margaret Larimer.
- Emma O. Larimer Freeland and family move from Goshen, Indiana, to the Bronx, NY. Why?
- Mary Gallagher of Ireland marries Robert Larimer in Kishacoquillas Valley, PA.
- John Larimer Haglind, son of Eleanor Larimer and Eric Haglind
- James Larimer, son of Isaac M. Larimer, of "pioneer stock" and a Democrat.
- Ebenezer Larimer, missing 4th great-grand-uncle? Son of Ebenezer Larimer, grandson of Isaac Larimer?
- Wright Larimer's tombstone leads me to the tombstones of relatives in the Work family.
- Emma O. Larimer Freeland's husband James Freeland died in 1920, a former deputy sheriff and life-long democrat.
- Atta Elizabeth Larimer (hubby's 1st cousin, 2x removed) married Miles Powell Bradford in 1902.
- The Short family intermarried with the Larimer family (for instance, farmer Thomas Short married Margaret Larimer and they raised sons who became dentists and doctors)
- George Ainsworth Larimer secretly marries Cora May Lutz on July 4th, 1899.
- Phoebe Antoinette McKibbin Herrold's 1919 obit--she was the daughter of Harriet Larimer and Alexander McKibbin.
- A Purple Heart for cousin Alexander Everett Herrold (grandson of Harriet Larimer and Alexander McKibbin).
- More about Larimer and McKibbin intermarriage between Hallie Richard Larimer and Mary Magdelene McKibbin.
- The Larimers buried in Brown cemetery in Elkhart, IN