|James Edgar Wood|
(see death cert, below)
A big thank you to Cousin Larry, whose meticulous research has traced the Wood line back to the 1500s.
Thomas and Mary had 17 children over the course of 28 years, although not all lived beyond childhood.
In order from oldest to youngest, they are:
- Jane Ann Wood (1846-1936) married George Black.
- Thomas Jefferson Isaiah Haskell Wood (1848-1861)
- John Marshall Taber Wood (1850-1859)
- Lucy Maria Kize Wood (1851-1870)
- William Henry White Wood (1853-1893)
- Alfred Olando Wood (1855-1895)
- Francis Ellery Wood (1857-1933)
- Joe Elemuel Wood (1859-1864)
- Lavatia Allen Wood (1859-1864)
- Charles Augustus Wood (1862-1895)
- Rachel Ellen "Nellie" Wood (1864-1954)
- George Howard Wood (1866-1866--d. in infancy)
- Marion Elton Wood (1867-1947)
- Mary Emma Wood (1869-?)
- James Edgar Wood (1871-1939) SHOWN ABOVE - hubby's great-grandpa!
- Robert Orrin Wood (1873-1933)
- Leander Elkanah Wood (1874-1874--d. in infancy)
William Henry White Wood married Allise (Alice?) and had four children, according to 1880 Census: Hattie, Phillip, Cathie, and Thomas. And then??
What about Charles Augustus Wood, a carpenter who died of "la grippe" in 1895? Did he marry? Or have kids? Still digging...
Here are my older posts about the Wood clan:
- Thomas Haskell Wood and many of his sons were carpenters (Thomas's dad was captain of a merchant ship). More about Wood family carpenters. More about James Edgar Wood's house-building in Cleveland. Addresses of James Edgar Wood's homes in Cleveland.
- John Andrew Wood, brother of Edgar James Wood (hubby's dad), lived in Crown Point, IN. I learned a lot from his obituary.
- James Edgar Wood married Mary Slatter on 21 September 1898.
- Edgar James Wood's trio played at "Marty's" in Cleveland. He wrote and copyrighted a number of songs. He spent a couple of summers playing with a jazz band to pay for passage to and from Europe while at college.
- Edgar James Wood kept a diary and he and his wife, Marian McClure, loved to take cruises. His diary helped me identify two cousins, Edith and Dorothy.
- Plaquemine, LA, and the church where Thomas married Mary.
- Edgar James Wood's detailed college photo album from Tufts, Zeta Psi House, 1925.
- James Edgar Wood married and divorced Alice Hopperton Unger.