Sunday, March 27, 2022

Seeing Double in Our Family Trees


Twins definitely run in my Farkas family tree: I have a twin sister and we're daughters of a twin. Above, my mom and her sis (the Schwartz twins) about 1920ish. In addition, the Farkas family included twin boys, "Woody" and "Sandy," my second cousins.

Twins also appear in my paternal line. Among my Dad's 1st cousins on the Mahler side were Harvey Smith (1916-1996) and his twin brother Jules Smith (1916-1996). They died within five months of each other and are buried near one another in Florida. 

My husband's family tree has twins, as well. Born on the eve of New Year's Eve in 1854, twin sisters Amanda "Callie" McClure (1854-1887) and Anna "Addie" McClure (1854-1928) were great-great aunts of my husband. 

Interestingly, these McClure ladies had cousins who were fraternal twins: Jesse McClure (1875-1952) and Bessie McClure (1875-1959), born on January 31, 1875. This brother and sister were 1c2r of my husband.

"Joined together" -- in this post, about twins together -- is the #52Ancestors prompt for week 12 of Amy Johnson Crow's genealogy challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Twins rule! So lucky to have a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins certainly do run in your family. A childhood friend of mine was a twin, she had twin brothers and her mother miscarried a 3rd set of twins. Only twin ancestor of mine was Jemima Hubbard, born in 1684. Twins definitely don't run in my family! The Schwartz twins look like very happy little girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. We have no twins in our family.

    ReplyDelete