I was able to learn Olivia's name because it's shown on her daughter Lucinda's transcribed death cert, at right, and on her daughter Lucy's transcribed death cert.
Before their pioneering move to Elkhart county, Indiana, Olivia and William had seven children in New York:
- Elizabeth E. Bentley (1821-98) - married Emanuel Light
- Elisha Morgan Bentley (1824-84) - married Charlotte Raymond
- Lucinda Helen Bentley (1825-1903) - married Jonas Shank
- Lucy E. Bentley (1826-1900) - Hubby's great-great-grandma, married Brice S. Larimer
- Simon Bentley (1828-1894) - didn't marry
- Jane L. Bentley (1831-?) - went to California, no info after age 20
- Abbie Eliza Bentley (1832-1893) - married Leonard Lucien Curtis
After pioneer mom Olivia died, her husband moved to California in 1848, followed by five of their seven children in 1851.
Only Lucinda and Lucy remained in Indiana, marrying and raising their own families.
I'm in touch with several Bentley researchers, and a Morgan researcher. We're continuing to try to learn more about Indiana pioneer mom Olivia Morgan, California land rush pioneer William Tyler Bentley, and their parents/children.