Clearly, Brice knew how old his grandma Elizabeth Steiner was when she died but not the age of his grandpa. I'm still looking for Jacob Steiner's death date and place (he died before the 1860 census).
What was Elizabeth Steiner's maiden name? She lived from 1802 to 1864 and, judging by the birth date of her oldest child, she married Jacob S. Steiner in the early 1820s, either in Pennsylvania (where he was born) or in Ohio (where she was born).
Elizabeth and Jacob Steiner had nine children that I know of:
- Sarah Steiner (b. about 1824)
- William Steiner (1827-1899)
- Edward George Steiner (1830-1880)
- James M. Steiner (b. about 1832)
- Samuel D. Steiner (1835-1901)
- Elizabeth A. Steiner (b. about 1837)
- Benjamin Franklin Steiner (1840-1924)
- Stephen Decatur Steiner (b. about 1842, d. 1933)
- Mary M. Steiner (b. about 1846)