Today is Mayflower Day, the day in 1620 when the Mayflower set sail from England, headed for the Virginia colony.
Thanks to Cousin Larry's decades of research into the Wood family tree, we know there are four Mayflower ancestors in our past. I want to celebrate them today!
(1) Degory Priest. His
line led through the Coombs family to Sarah Hatch, who married James
Cushman. Their granddaughter Lydia was the mother of Harriet Taber, who
married Isaiah Wood Sr. in Massachusetts in 1806. Harriet and Isaiah
were hubby's great-great-grandparents.
(2) Isaac Allerton, (3) Mary Norris, and (4) Mary Allerton. Mary Allerton Cushman's son Eleazer Cushman married Elizabeth Royal
Coombs, great-grandaughter of Degory Priest, linking these ancestors to the
family tree of Degory Priest.
- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- Schwartz family from Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- MYSTERY PHOTOS
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
- Genealogy Do-Over 2015