- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- McKibbin/McKibben & Larimer connections
- Schwartz family from Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- MYSTERY PHOTOS
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
- Genealogy Do-Over 2015
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Wordless Wednesday - Paula and Ibolyka Schwartz
Paula and her sister, Etel Schwartz, apparently never came to the US even though their older brothers (Teddy and Samuel) arrived in the early 1900s and subsequently pooled their money to bring their baby sister Marushka (Mary) Schwartz to New York, as well.
Paula and Etel almost certainly died in World War II, as did their mother, Hanna Simonowitz Schwartz. Their father, Herman Schwartz, died some time before the war.
One of this year's genealogy goals is to try to trace this part of the family, which originated in Ungvar, now part of Ukraine (but when my grandfather was born, it was in Hungary). Wish me luck!