Hubby's maternal great-grandma was Elizabeth Jane Rinehart Steiner, b. 8 February 1834 and d. 4 November 1905 in Wyandot county, Ohio. I know from Find-A-Grave that she's buried in the Old Mission Cemetery in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, where her husband Edward G. Steiner (1830-1880) and at least two of her children are buried.
to handwritten notes left by her daughter and granddaughter, I know
Elizabeth's death date. Today I had the (rather late) brainstorm to look
for her obit on the Ohio Obituary Index and voila! I'll be spending $2.50 to get her obit from the Wyandot Chief newspaper.
The 1900 Census, conducted on 7 June, shows Elizabeth living with her daughter Minnie Halbedel (spelled
incorrectly in the Census of course) and son-in-law Edward Halbedel in Crane Township, Wyandot County, OH.
This Census says she was born in Ohio in Feb 1834; her pa was from
Pennsylvania and her ma from Delaware, still to be confirmed.
On the 107th anniversary of Elizabeth's passing, I'm thinking of her and looking for her ancestors!
- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- McKibbin/McKibben & Larimer connections
- Schwartz family from Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- MYSTERY PHOTOS
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
- Genealogy Do-Over 2015