Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday - Baby Book

My husband's baby book has more than just fun facts from his early years--it also has names of relatives! It also has a lock of his hair from his first haircut decades ago :) No photos, but all entries were handwritten by my mother-in-law, and the book is in excellent condition. She even left notes about his formula and pablum.

The entries are easier to read in reality than they look in this scan, and there are lots and lots of names scattered through the pages. This year I'm going to start tracing his Steiner and Traxler lines, and both names are here. So my treasure chest item for today is this baby book. Are there baby books in your treasure chest?

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately no baby books have turned up in my family. I can see the value of a new mother having a baby book from one of her ancestors for the sake of comparisons between her child and that of her ancestress. But having one with names is a genealogist's dream. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete