Sunday, August 25, 2024

It's My 16th Blogiversary!


My very first genealogy blog post appeared on August 25, 2008, concerning the search for my great-grandfather Meyer Mahler's death date and place. Since then, I've written nearly 1,850 posts about my family tree, my husband's family tree, genealogy research, family history preservation, methodology, issues, technology, book reviews, vintage postcards, old photos, and more. 

Now I'm entering my 17th year of genealogy blogging, still with many topics to explore. I'm working on a few posts about curating your family history collection (as in my book, Planning a Future for Your Family's Past). Also in the works: posts about revisiting ancestors and research from years ago, getting insight into ancestors' lives through old newspaper items, and lots more!

Thank you, from my heart, to my regular readers . . . and a special thank you to the many cousins and FAN club members (friends, associates, neighbors of my ancestors) who have been in touch through this blog. The genealogy journey continues!

3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy, happy 16th blogiversary! I love reading about your family and all the great suggestions for sharing family stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! I enjoy reading your posts and glad you are continuing another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete