Sunday, March 20, 2016

Matriarchal Monday: Genealogy Go-Over Yields Old Photos (New to Me)

As part of my Genealogy Go-Over, my sis unearthed a batch of old photos that we didn't remember seeing before, from the 1920s-1950s! Imagine, family photos more than 90 years old and we just "rediscovered" them.

Above, the earliest known photo of my mother and her twin sister, with a date. Below, what was written on the back--finally, we know who's who. Now we can use this to ID the twins in other early photos.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Especially since some of the children of these ancestors are excited about having copies of the photos.

      Delete
  2. Names on a photo?? What a concept. I wish your ancestors had told my ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. If only more than 5% had names, let alone dates!

      Delete