Friday, December 5, 2008

Rookie Genealogy Mistakes

2022 update: Paul Chiddicks, blogger and columnist for Family Tree Magazine, lists the "Top Ten Sins of a Genealogist" and certainly I've had my share! Not noting my research when I began was a big mistake, because I doubled back too often. Another rookie mistake was not considering creative spelling. Paul's post is worth reading!

From 2008: I'm still trying to catch up on recording all the info I've collected about my family and my husband's family. And I haven't asked all the right questions (or asked them in the right way) of family members who might remember. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a long-term journey into the family trees. My journey started after "Roots" aired in the mid-1970s. I reentered the world of genealogy in 1998 and really got serious about 10 years ago, when a Family History Center opened in my community. Wonder where the journey will take me next?

No comments:

Post a Comment