The date is carefully scratched above the Beldegreen name: June 25, 1914. Rose was 13 at the time.
On the back, the caption says this is her graduation from middle school school. (The diploma was a tip-off too.)
only I could thank the ancestor who wrote the caption (about five decades
later, I believe) for thinking ahead to let future generations know the
identity and significance of this lovely photo! And that's why this
isn't an entirely wordless Wednesday--because my thoughtful ancestor
wrote down who, when, and why.
- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- Wood family of Ohio
- McKibbin & Larimer
- Schwartz family, Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Genealogy--Free or Fee?
- My Genealogy Presentations
- Sample Templates
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
This photo was in a box of old family photos from my mother. Probably these are distant relatives of my grandmother's, who came from Hungary, but who knows? No names, no info. That's why I resolve to label my photos for the benefit of future generations.