Friday, December 5, 2008

Rookie Genealogy Mistakes

This article by Sharon Tate-Moody lists many mistakes that rookie genealogists make--and I've made them all. I'm still trying to catch up on recording all the info I've collected about my family and my husband's family. And I haven't asked all the right questions (or asked them in the right way) of family members who might remember.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a long-term journey into the family trees. My journey started after "Roots" aired in the mid-1970s and picked up steam about 10 years ago, when a Family History Center opened in my community. has been a huge help in filling out the branches and connecting with cousins. Wonder where the journey will take me next?
clipped from

Be Sure To Record Your Roots Research

No comments:

Post a Comment