Monday, February 26, 2024

Save RootsTech Handouts for Today and Tomorrow









I'll be #NotAtRootsTech this year--will be watching from home, and enjoying not just sessions but the social media posts of geneafriends (those in Salt Lake City and those at home).

Some speakers have already mentioned their handouts are available on the RootsTech site. Thank you to Elizabeth Swanay O'Neal for alerting her followers to go ahead and download syllabus materials in advance!

To find sessions with handouts, I started at the speaker page here.

Then I scrolled down past the keynoters to the alphabetical listing of speakers. One by one, I clicked to look at each speaker's sessions. 

For any session that looked interesting--especially if not being broadcast or recorded--I checked for a syllabus download. Above, Jen Baldwin's session on English Ag Lab ancestors...notice the download button below the presentation description. 

With a click, I downloaded, saved in a special folder, and now I'm ready to learn from Jen's expertise by reading and rereading her handout. 

Wash, rinse, repeat for Melissa Barker, Nick Barratt (more ag lab info!), John Boeren, Melanie McComb, and on and on. So many fabulous speakers, so many informative handouts to collect and consult at any time.

Blogger Lisa Gorrell also notes that if you make a schedule of sessions to watch, you can see and download handouts from the schedule.

RootsTech begins live on Leap Day, but downloadable handouts can begin whenever you're ready.

5 comments:

  1. Great tip. Worked for me. I was dreading wasting clicks and time to find the handouts. There are still clicks...but it helped reduce the time. On the other hand, I'm only through A and B speakers so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll be thinking of you all and will share my experience from SLC❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had downloaded a few earlier this month - will check again to see if more are available. Alas, I won't be able to attend much online as circumstances at work have changed, which means I won't be able to do any professional development this week - I help people with genealogy as part of my job, so in general, my boss is fine with me watching webinars, presentations etc..

    I might find some time at home on Saturday - we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clear instructions. I'll also be at home watching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also discovered if you have made a schedule, you can download the handouts from there, too.

    ReplyDelete