Thursday, August 25, 2022

Celebrating My 14th Blogiversary

 


Fourteen years ago, I began this blog to write about my genealogy adventures and document my discoveries, challenges, do-overs, and brick walls. 

A good number of the nearly 1,600 posts have been about my own family history research and some interesting, puzzling, or revealing findings. I'm truly grateful for the reader comments that have offered fresh ideas and even solved a few mysteries!

Many posts focus on methodology, explaining what I've tried and how well it worked (or not), such as my recent series on accessing and interpreting the 1950 US Census. From time to time, I've also written about family-history concerns such as privacy and family secrets. 

Happily, this blog has been excellent for cousin bait. I've been overjoyed to hear from cousins (mine and hubby's) who get in touch via my blog!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear relatives and dear readers, for being along on this journey. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary and writing nearly 1600 blog posts. My 11th anniversary came and went with me forgetting. I need to place it in my Google calendar as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many best wishes sent your way on your 14th blogiversary. I love your family stories and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great milestone! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete