Hubby's Wood family, spread across Toledo and Cleveland plus one family in Chicago, stayed in touch via colorful penny postcards for every holiday.
Here's a July 4th postcard sent from Aunt Nellie Kirby to her nephew, Wallis W. Wood, about 1909. Aunt Nellie never got her nephew's first name correct, but since he was barely in grade school at the time, he sure didn't read this card on his own.
Aunt Nellie wrote: Take care Wallace that you do not burn your fingers. Do you remember Aunt Nellie.
- Wm Tyler Bentley story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families from Hungary
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure - Donegal
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- McKibbin & Larimer
- Schwartz family, Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Genealogy--Free or Fee?
- Sample Templates
- MY GENEALOGY PRESENTATIONS