Happy Canada Day! Let me extend a digital salute to hubby's great uncles, John Daniel Slatter (1864-1954), Henry Arthur Slatter (1866-1942), and Albert William Slatter (1862-1935). All the brothers left England to travel to Canada and make new lives as bandmasters of military units.
Their sisters, Ada Mary Ann Slatter and Mary Slatter, also left England and settled in Ohio to marry and raise their families around the turn of the century. Mary Slatter married James Edgar Wood and they are hubby's grandparents.
On Canada Day, the three brother/bandmasters would have been heading the parades in their respective adopted hometowns (Toronto, Vancouver, and London, Ontario).
In honor of the Slatter brothers, here are more WWI badges that were probably given to Captain John Slatter by his brother Captain Albert Slatter, then passed down in the family.
- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- McKibbin & Larimer
- Schwartz family, Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- Sample Templates
- My Genealogy Presentations