Hubby's 3d great-grandparents (John McClure and Ann McFall) married in Rockbridge county, Virginia, in 1801. One of their sons was Benjamin McClure (1812-1896), the subject of my Facebook genealogy experiment (which has attracted one McClure researcher so far).
Actually, it seems to be a Scots-Irish connection. I still have more work to do proving the connection, of course...
How appropriate that I can showcase one of hubby's three Irish ancestral links during the week leading up to St. Patrick's Day!
This weekly prompt about Virginia is part of the "Genealogy by the States" series by Jim Sanders.
- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- McKibbin & Larimer
- Schwartz family, Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- Sample Templates
- My Genealogy Presentations