Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Blogiversary and Cousin Bait


How time flies--just three years ago, I began writing this genealogy blog. My first entry was about great-grandpa Meyer Mahler.

One of the most exciting genealogical events of the past three years has been meeting my 2d cousin Lois and her family. Lois found me through this blog! 

I'd hoped the blog would serve as cousin bait, and getting to know Lois (who also introduced me to cousin Lil) has been delightful. Lois, Lil, and I are all descended from Meyer Mahler--no wonder I'm thankful.

2022 update: Still blogging after all these years and grateful to be found by so many cousins from multiple family lines.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I very much enjoy following your blog and look forward to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thanks for your kind words--much appreciated! And back at ya--I'm a fan of your blog, as you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary, Marian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for your comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary Marian! Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you! So glad you stopped by and left me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Marian! I love your blog. You give me hope that it's possible to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you're so nice to leave me a note. Thank you! It's wonderful to know people are reading. Now if only more cousins would discover me via the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you! I enjoy your blog - and I'm not even a cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dee, what a lovely comment! Maybe if we go back far enough, we really are cousins? Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary - I love reading your blog and hope that you will be writing for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogiversary, Marian! Enjoy reading your blog and look forward to new discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ladies, I'm grateful for your nice words and support! Here's to more discoveries in all of our family trees.

    ReplyDelete