Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Edgar Wood at the Keyboard


This is a very rare photo of my late father-in-law, Edgar James Wood, playing the piano after retirement. He had played his way across the Atlantic during the summers of his college years in the late 1920s.

For decades afterward, he played professionally at nights and on weekends while continuing his "day job" as an insurance adjustor.

Lucky for me, he played a couple of numbers at my wedding to his son, not too many years after this photo was taken. Blog entry #300 is dedicated to Ed. PS: I just unearthed a 1985 photo of Ed at the piano, below :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! How special that he played at your wedding! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 10, 2012

    How well I remember him. A talented gentleman of the old school, dressed so well and so well spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both for your kind words :) Hubby scanned this photo from the original in his sister's collection, and I'm delighted to have it.

    ReplyDelete