To my knowledge, Teddy was second of five children:
- Sam Schwartz (came to NYC and married Anna Gelbman)
- Teddy Schwartz (came to NYC and married Hermina Farkas)
- Paula Schwartz (stayed in Ungvar, married, and had one daughter, Ibolyka, pictured in yesterday's entry)
- Paula Schwartz (stayed in Ungvar, family status unknown)
- Mary Schwartz (came to NYC and married Edward Wirtschafter, had two children)
The postcard photo here is a treasure, just unearthed in a box of newly-discovered family photos and documents. It shows Etel and Paula (back left and seated, right) and others, unknown, from the Schwartz family.
It's dated August 15, 1915 and inscribed to Tivadar, my grandfather.
Clearly the young man is in uniform, but I don't know what country he's serving.* The young lady in front, at left, is a mystery as well. More mysteries than solutions, but a treasure in any case!
*Thanks to Greta Koehl, whose husband identified the uniform as Austro-Hungarian. Yes! This link shows such uniforms and hats. Another confirming detail. Thank you!