For a little Christmas family bonus, we gave out copies of this recipe held in a cute glass recipe holder clip, along with specialty toppings to be attached with icing.
Grandma McClure's Butterscotch Brownies
7/8 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (or margerine)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" or 8" round or square pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream butter and add sugar gradually to blend thoroughly.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture. Then stir in sifted ingredients. Add nuts if desired. Batter will be fairly smooth and thin.
- Spread batter in greased pan, bake at 350 for 20 min. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If toothpick is clean/dry, remove brownies from oven.
- Cool, cut into squares, dust with powdered sugar, and serve with ice cream for best taste!