- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- McKibbin/McKibben & Larimer connections
- Schwartz family from Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- Mystery Photos
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
- Genealogy Do-Over
- Sample Templates
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Talented Tuesday: Needlework Experts
My younger sister embroidered, did needlepoint, crocheted, and was good at many different hand-crafts.
My mother taught us to crochet before we started school (I now quilt as well) and my twin sewed a lot of her clothes during high school and college. Now one niece is an expert crocheter and another loves to embroider. The tradition of needlework continues!
I still have some items embroidered by my grandmother and mother, which I treasure and take care of so the memories and stories of their talents remain alive.