I've had some good luck answering queries at surname message boards and locality message boards on sites like GenForum and Ancestry. What about you?
Do you post genealogy queries? Where? Have you been "found" by distant relatives after you posted a query? What should every query include? Any advice for writing or answering a query? Any advice for which surname or locality message boards are best to use?
I'd like to hear about your experiences. Thanks for sharing!
- Wm Tyler Bentley's story
- Abraham & Annie Berk's Story
- Isaac & Henrietta Birk's story
- Mary A. Demarest's story
- Farkas & Kunstler Families
- Rachel & Jonah Jacobs' story
- Robert & Mary Larimer's story
- Meyer & Tillie Mahler's story
- Halbert McClure from Donegal
- McKibbin/McKibben & Larimer connections
- Schwartz family from Ungvar
- John & Mary Slatter's story
- Steiner & Rinehart story
- Wood family of Ohio
- Mayflower ancestors
- MYSTERY PHOTOS
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
- Genealogy Do-Over 2015